Uh oh! It's the last day before Halloween and you still don't have a costume prepared. Not to worry, we've got you covered! Follow these simple instructions and BE A PRISMPAL FOR HALLOWEEN! Don't forget to ask an adult for help :)
Here's what your finished product will look like:
- 18” X 36” White felt
- Different coloured felt sheets (use all the colours of the rainbow for best results)
- Glue Stick
- White String
- Sewing Pins
- Needle and thread (use sewing machine for quicker results)
- Fold the 18” x 36” felt sheet in half, creating a square. Using the sewing pins, pin the open sides together.
- Either by hand or with a sewing machine, sew the open sides together. Important: Do not sew all the way to the top, leave a 5-6” gap for the arms.
3. Next, find a large circular object to trace a neck hole. I had a frisbee lying around and it worked perfectly. Trace lightly, and cut along the lines. Remove excess felt.
4. Time to make the face! Grab your black felt sheet and cut out two circles, about 2-3”. Feel free to experiment with facial expressions. We decided to imitate Cubert’s face for our costume. Glue your new face to the center of your shirt. Remember, the spacing between the eyes and mouth are very important! Make sure the eyes aren’t too far apart or close, please see the image below or use your PrismPals for reference.
5. The next step is personally my favourite part of this costume! Take the rest of your coloured felt and cut out as many fun shapes as you’d like. They don’t have to be perfect but make sure all edges and lines are sharp. Geometric shapes can be used for a basis but get creative with your littles ones.
6. Sprinkle your felt shapes all over your new shirt. For the best sprinkled effect, make sure the shapes and colours are evenly spread out. Eg: Don’t place a red triangle beside another red shape. Once you are happy with how it looks, glue each piece onto your new shirt. Repeat on backside.
7. Enjoy your new PrismPal costume!
Happy Halloween everybody!!