I’d like to introduce you to The PrismPal Sugar Cookie. These delicious and adorable cookies are simple to make and an easy crowd pleaser. I can guarantee these will bring a smile to your face and your kids will love them! The ingredients are simple. Nothing out of the ordinary. The recipe is quick. The cookies only take about 8-9 minutes in the oven.
Estimated yield: 60 cookies (depending on individual cookie size)
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 egg whites
- 500 grams of icing sugar
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Black gel food colouring
1. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. We made our own templates just by cutting out shapes on paper...and a mason jar for the circle! Make sure your templates are more or less the same size. We made our cookies about 3"
3. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
4. Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool for one hour or more.
5. While your cookies are cooling, mix egg whites, icing sugar and vanilla extract. Add ½ teaspoon of water to thin out if necessary.
6. Pour the icing into a ziplock back and carefully cut a small hole at the end. When piping the icing, make sure to first outline, and then fill in. Use a toothpick to help spread the icing evenly. Before the icing cools, carefully sprinkle evenly, leaving a gap in the center.
7. Once the icing is completely cooled, mix a bit of water with black gel food colouring. Use a small paintbrush and paint on the faces. If you can’t remember their faces, use the PrismPals as a reference!
8. Enjoy your PrismPal cookies! Noms :)